Please see Chapter 1 Bricks, Beads and Bones Exam Questions Class 12 History below. These important questions with solutions have been prepared based on the latest examination guidelines and syllabus issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. We have provided Class 12 History Questions and answers for all chapters in your NCERT Book for Class 12 History. These solved problems for Bricks, Beads and Bones in Class 12 History will help you to score more marks in upcoming examinations.
Exam Questions Chapter 1 Bricks, Beads and Bones Class 12 History
Very Short Answer Questions :
Question: Where was evidence of ploughed field found in Indus Valley Civilization?
Question: What was the type of the lower denomination of weights?
Answer: Binary (1,2,4,8,16, 32 upto 12,800)
Question: what was the type of the higher denominations of weights?
Answer: Decimal System
Question: Name any two structures which were found in the Citadel?
Answer: 1. The warehouse
2. The great bath
Question: Weights were usually made of which stone in Indus valley Civilization.
Short Answer Questions :
Question: How did Harappan civilization come to an end?
Answer:- Some schools have tried to explain the important causes which led to the abandonment of the mature Harappan sites by 1800 B.C. E. Some of them are as follows:-
– By Floods – It is speculated that a sudden flood might have submerged the various town and buried them under the thick layer of mud.
– Due to the change in the course of Indus River.
– Climatic change – It is also possible that there was climate change and drought took place due to deforestation.
– Earthquakes – It is also probable that the nature itself turned the whole land upside down.
– Aryan Invasion – Some scholars say that Aryans were responsible.
Question: What were the animals of Harappans civilization?
Answer:- Pet animals :- Cattle , Sheep , Goat , Buffalo , Pig – Wild animal: – Boar, Deer, Ghariyal.
Question: Why is Harappan script considered an enigmatic script or mysterious script?
What are the main characteristics of Harappan Script?
Answer:- Because it is yet to be deciphered. Its mystery has still not been solved yet.
– It was not alphabetical. It had too many signs; all the signs symbolized certain things.
– The sign of this script were of the period 375 to 400.
– The script has been found on a variety of objects.
Question: Discuss the functions that may have been performed by rulers in Harppan civilization?
Answer:- Some archaeologists say that Harappan society had no rulers and that everybody enjoyed equal status.
– Others feel there were no single ruler but several.
– Under the guidance and supervision of the rulers, plans and layout of the city were prepared.
– Big buildings, palaces, forts, tanks, wells, canals, granaries etc were constructed under the supervision of rulers.
– Roads, drains were also constructed and cleanliness was maintained under the overall supervision of ruler.
– The ruler might have taken interest in promoting the farmer to increase production and the craftsmen to promote different handicrafts
– He maintained and controlled extra ordinary uniformity of Harappa’s artefacts like – Seals, Weight and bricks.
– During foreign attack and natural disaster he used to play an active role by providing security and food,
– He used to issue common acceptable coins or seals, weight and measurements.
Question: Write a note on the agriculture technology of Harappans?
Answer:- The prevalence of agriculture is indicated by finds of grains in various sites of civilization. Archaeologists have found evidence of a ploughed field at seals and terracotta sculpture indicates that the bull was known and oxen were used for ploughing.
– Two different crops were grown together.
– Canals and wells were constructed for irrigation. Traces of canals have been found in all the Harappan sites of Shortughai in Afghanistan; Water reservoirs have been found in Dhaulavira.