Please see Chapter 3 Kinship, Caste and Class Exam Questions Class 12 History below. These important questions with solutions have been prepared based on the latest examination guidelines and syllabus issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. We have provided Class 12 History Questions and answers for all chapters in your NCERT Book for Class 12 History. These solved problems for Kinship, Caste and Class in Class 12 History will help you to score more marks in upcoming examinations.
Exam Questions Chapter 3 Kinship, Caste and Class Class 12 History
Very Short Answer Questions :
Question. What was the ancient Tamilkam?
Answer: In Tamilkam there were several chiefdoms around 2000 Years ago
Question: How much time taken to complete this project
Answer: 47 years
Question. How Historians classify the contents of the Mahabharata?
Answer: Narrative- Stories, designated.
Didactic – Social Norms.
Question. What was patriliny?
Answer: Patriliny Means trashing descent from father to son, Grandson and so on.
Short Answer Questions :
Question. Mention rules of marriage as mentioned in the early text.
Answer: The gift of a Daughter after dressing her in costly clothes and honoring her with presents of Jewels.
– The gift of a daughter by the father after he has addressed the couple with the text” May both of you perform your duties together.
– After having given as much wealth as he can afford to the kinsmen and to the Bride herself. – The voluntary union of a maiden and her lover.
Question. How could men and women acquire wealth in early societies?
Answer: For men wealth-Inheritance, finding, purchase, conquest, investment, work and acceptance of gifts from good people.
– For women – what was given at the time of the marriage, bridal procession, token of affection she got from her brother, mother or father and she could also acquire from husband.
Question. what do you understand by the Term ” Beyond the four varnas”?
Answer: Brahmanas considered some people as being outside the system, they were called untouchable.’
– Some activities were ” Polluting” those who performed such tasks designated as chandalas”
Question. What do you understand by stridhana (Woman’s wealth)?
Answer: According to Manusmriti women were allowed to retain the gift they received on the occasion of their marriage as stridhana.
– This could be inherited by their children.
Question. What were the effects of several changes in between 600 BCE and 600 CE on societies?
Answer: Extension of Agriculture in to forested areas.
– Craft specialists often emerged as distinct social groups.
– Trade activities increased.
– Many religious activities /movements started.